Friday, March 12, 2010

I want spring

First off let me say that I love winter, love snow, lots of it. However once March hits I want it gone. I start thinking gardens and flower beds. So of cours since it is March, I'm ready. We have had some days, that toy with me, make me think okay its getting closer, then it usually snows the next day, just to remind me, that I am not in control.
The house we have now, has lots of beds, but since we bought it in late November, I do not know if there are many flowers. We did see the house in late summer just briefly, but there was only one flower in bloom.
I think the beds have good bones, so I get to add the color, which works well. We have so much pruning to do, not looking forward to that. I mean LOTS. All the beds have curbing so its even better. There is no garden though, so plotting where that will be, I'm thinking several raised beds in the back not to far from the patio door. Then off to the side, a bed for corn and such big space needs. I really enjoy laying out the plans for new beds. Now if the snow would just melt!

No comments: