Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Summer is almost over...

Coming on the middle of August and Cait starts school in a little over a week. Where did it go.....
We did go to Bear Lake with the trailer. Stayed at a great rv park, Ideal Beach, private entrance onto the lake. Less crowded wonderful area, their own rentals. So great. We had so much fun.
Would like to own property there, too much $$$$$. New favorite place, though.

Went to our 25th high school reunion (same class-high school sweethearts). I really did not want to go, I mean really did not want to go. Chris "convinced" me to go. So we went. IT was good to go. We only had 52 in our senior class, and had 12 that came to the reunion. Small group but good to visit and catch up with. Somehow I relapsed and had a lapse of brain function and volunteered to do the 30th along with Chris. I know, major brain malfunction!!! So in about 4 years I'll start to panic. Will need to figure out a way to find everyone.
So why is it high school reunions create such emotions in us??
Is it the coming to face with our high school side. Just like the movie "The Breakfast Club" we are "in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions, But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain, an athlete, and a basket case, a princess and a criminal." Does that bring it back in those terms? Do we suddenly feel like a high school kid and not in a youthful way?
Part of it is for me. Part of it is the usual, I have extra weight that I'm carrying around.
In all honesty, we really did not have clicks, we all where friends, we got along, now there where a few that did choose to click themselves! At least that is what my view was. Yes some where more popular, some more athletic, some more brainy, and some more shy, but we got along. A really fun class. So why the reluctance in going? Probably the weight issue the most. Stupid I know, but true. Also some insecurities still left over from high school. Such is life.
I did enjoy it, my husband did and yes I even agreed that he was right and that it was good that we went. Other than the part about being in charge of the 30th. Now I did ask him before volunteering. So when he groans about it, I can tell him he should have said no!

No comments: