Monday, January 18, 2010

Good Friends

I have two best friends that are the greatest. They came up Sunday from Utah for lunch and a visit and to see the new house. See every November we get together and have a girls weekend. Craft fairs, shopping etc. We stay up late and visit, catching up with eachother. We rotate locations/homes each year. Now this has been going on for well over 20 years. This last November I missed it, because we where moving into the new house. I was very disappointed to say the least, even with buying a new home. Anyway they wanted to see the house and bring the Christmas gifts and get a visit in. So I made tortilla soup which is the standard dinner for one of the nights when we get together.
So after the grand tour of the house we sat down for lunch and visited and visited. I cannot tell you how great it is to have friends like this. They are the greatest. I wish it would have been a visit for the whole weekend, but its a nice substitute for missing the whole thing. Its funny to me how well we get along when we are so different from eachother. Its wonderful. I love these women and they truly are my best friends. Looking forward to our next lunch and visit.

No comments: