Thursday, March 5, 2009

Books

Have you ever emotionally reacted to reading a book? Of course, that is the purpose of reading, to take you into the writers imagination. So, a reaction is expected, sadness, joy, concern, fear, all of that right.
Well last night after finishing a book that is a series, a delightful, charming series with some fabulous recipes. Anyway this series is a "cozy mystery" series, so there is always a mystery to solve by the main character and her co-horts, most also are romance. Well in this series there has been a "lovers triangle" you know two men vying for the main characters attention. This has been going on for quite a few of the books. Well in this book, the author made one of the men somewhat of a bad guy. After finishing the book, I literally went into a funk, I was depressed, why do this. I was tired of the triangle aspect, and this appears to do that. Until the next book I really do not know but, it really bothered me. Why? That is what I cannot quite pin down. Its so weird. My husband thinks I'm too involved in reading, if it upsets me. Anyway it just struck me as out of my norm. Perhaps the reason for the mood is that she has one of her characters do something that I disagree with and am disappointed in his behavior, perhaps that is it. I'm disappointed not in a funk, just let down. Oh well, its just a character in a book, so better to be disappointed in a fictionary character than a friend, or loved one. Should be interesting to see what happens in the next book?? Which is the point is it not? So successful writing!
Anyway, now to move on with life. New carpet being put in the living room tomorrow. Yeah. Boo for tonight to have to clear out the room. Fun.

1 comment:

Patrick, Adrienne, Isabella, & Makenzie said...

maybe you should go back to reading twilight :-p